When you see relatives, friends or others seizures some of us often panic. Should not need to panic, because first aid from you can save him.
A seizure is a condition when the muscles of the body contract uncontrollably. The symptoms of each person’s seizures vary depending on the part of the brain that is experiencing the disorder. However, there are some common symptoms when a seizure is:
– First, the seizure will feel confused or suddenly dazed.
– Then, the patient will fall followed by uncontrolled movement.
– He will then salivate, teeth chatter and groan.
If you see symptoms of seizures above, immediately give first aid to the person. The first step that can be done is to contact the nearest medical officer.
While waiting for medical help to come, give the person first aid. There are five first aid measures in people seizure as in the video Click Doctor ‘First Aid to Seizure’ in Vidio.com namely:
1. Move the patient’s position to a safer area. Lay him down.
2. Loosen her clothes, especially around the neck.
3. Tilt the patient so that the saliva or vomiting does not enter the airway.
4. Do not put any object into the mouth though to prevent tongue bitten.
5. Give a pillow to protect the patient’s head.
That’s the first five steps of help in seizures while waiting for medical help to arrive.